Administrator unable to view pages based in root directory

e107 CMS » Forums » e107 v1.x Support » Core Code Support << Previous thread | Next thread >>
brownieelf
Mar 02 2012, 07:28PM
Registered Member #144943
Hello,

When I log in as an Administrator I do not see anything accept the login menu and my main site links menu.

My home page is http://localhost:8888/index.php

I have the front page for administrator set to index.php. I have a custom welcome message for administrator as well. None of my other menus show up.

If i click on my site links I can see pages like the forum that are in a folder "http://localhost:8888/e107_plugins/forum/forum.php" but not the user downloads that are in "http://localhost:8888/download.php"

This is the same for any link that resides in my root directory. (i.e. any custom pages)

If i log in as a regular member, or visit as a guest everything shows up fine.

I'm not sure if this is how the system operates, or if i have a site theme problem. I have tried other themes and it doesn't appear to solve the problem either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to this and am at a loss for why this is.
Go to top
septor
Mar 02 2012, 08:27PM
Registered Member #37
Well, first things first: localhost is an internal address. It only works for you, not anyone else.

Secondly, we need more information:

e107 version?
Themes used?

I'm going to leave out the bit where no one outside of you can view your webpage unless you have hosting or you set up your computer to allow outside connections (not recommended, imo).
Go to top
Website
brownieelf
Mar 03 2012, 01:50PM
Sorry I didn't give you more info to start with. It was late, and i'd been messing with stuff all day.

I'm using the latest version 1.0. I am working on this update locally because i've never done this stuff before. Our gaming clan has had a site for years, since maybe 2004. The version of e107 was 0.6175. I want to get it right, then upload the new site to the host.

I downloaded a copy of the old database with phpmyadmin. I then set up a new install with mamp, and let it create a new database. I then added the old database files into the new database one by one. Tried updating the old version but it didn't work.

I am trying to use a site theme called clanMultiRED. Here is our site and what that theme looks like. link. Its an old theme, but kinda cool. Eventually I would like to make my own updated one.

Admin theme is jayla the stock theme.

After i posted this I was messing around with the tech yellow theme, which was one that didn't show any menus when i last tried it, and i noticed that it was coded to show menus only in news.php. My site was defaulting to index.php.

Obviously the layout was trashed because the menus are all out of whack, but as admin I could click those links. That leads me to believe that is a problem with the old theme.

I'll try to post the code in another thread because i don't know if i can do that here.
Go to top
brownieelf
Mar 03 2012, 01:59PM
Here is the theme.php file. There is also a custom login file too. If its totally outdated just let me know. Thanks in advance.

ADMIN EDIT: code moved to the Pastebin here: [-link-]
[ Edited Mar 04 2012, 12:36AM ]
Go to top

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF