Over the past few days, we've noticed that growing number of people do not provide specific information about their problems.
Over the past few days, we've noticed that growing number of people do not provide specific information about their problems. It is best for us to find solutions to your problems, if enough information is provided.
A good way to start a forum thread would be to include these vital pieces of information:
1) The version of e107 that you are running
2) If you have applied any recent bug-fixes or security updates
3) If you have made any core modifications
4) Whether the problem has started after an upgrade
5) If the problem occured right after you installed a plugin or changed the theme
Some things to do before posting in the forum:
1) Search the forum. We all know that searching in the forum is a good way to find the answers to your problem. If you do search the forum, chances are that 98% of your answers lie there.
2) Also, it would be good to make sure that all files have been properly uploaded to your server.
3) A database verification and an integirty check is highly recommended and pin-point your problem easily
If these points above (or at least a few of them) were followed, answering problems in the forum would be a lot easier.
[Submitted by Zombie]